Rover K-Series from the MG-F mounted in the chassis.
Engine Variations in the Lotus Elise
The Lotus Elise started with the Rover K Series engine. Lotus eventually started modifying the engine to suit their specific applications, eventually supplying the engine in 120, 135, 156, and 190 horse power variations.
In 2004, Lotus modified the Elise for the American market and installed the Toyota 2ZZ-GE, 1.8 liter, variable lift and timing engine.
- Rover K Series
- Tuning the K series engine by Dave Andrews.
- King K by Simon Erland talks about the Rover K-Series, its benefits, and possible power opportunities.
- Adriaan Briene wrote an exceptional article, explaining how the variable valve timing works inside the Rover engine. See also the original pdf
- General introduction about the Rover K-Series.
- Chart of K series engines
- Toyota 2ZZ-GE